Monday 1 March 2010

$103

Evening, just had my first day back at school which was quite laid back, all the teachers seemed rightly pissed off and I don't blame them. As usual the best part of the day was dinner time, we get a buffet consisting of at least 4 types of meat. Today was salami, beef, haddock, and fish fingers. Obviously they all went on the same plate. The food is exceptional at this school so I thought it's worth a mention.

Anyways onto poker. Yesterday nights session of about 300 hands was uneventful, eventually finishing a massive $2.30 up. Tonights session has gone much better, being up a buyin and a half. This was 90% due to running like a god. my only reasonably paid hand however was my quads vs overpair. The rest was a small grind. At the end however I was shafted for most my stack with AA hitting the nut flush on the turn for him to fill up on the river, which is fair enough. Straight after that I'm writing this to give myself 10 minutes to recompose, instead of trying to claw it back instantly. It's quite sad it's such a small amount but it could turn out more costly as I do feel slightly tilty even after that.

While playing, pokertube is usually open which keeps my mind on poker and not getting the shakes by not playing like a dickhead. I get the impression that I'm a bit like a dormant volcano ready to spew any minute, but thus far I am not playing badly.

I've plonked in another graph to give you some idea of progress. As the title suggests the BR is just over $100 which is my first milestone and it came reasonably quickly. Technically still not rolled for it though.....



These posts will get less and less frequent but for now every $ matters more so I am updating at a higher rate.

X

No comments: