Saturday 13 March 2010

Still nothing.

Unfortunately I made no inroads into those tournaments due to losing the vast majority of 60/40s. The last tournament I couldn't catch a break in the rebuy period but eventually built up a stack having used what was left of my roll. With 35 to go and on about 60k I have AJ in the BB. The HBL who was slightly bigger stacked limp snapped every call with any two so I decided to try my luck which inevitably ran out on the river vs K9. That put me in a pretty foul mood so I took a break for two days and here I am once again. plonked in another 40 dollars and trying to make a go of it again. I'm playing fine and not tilting but in hindsight spamming rebuy tourns with no roll isn't the way to go despite running badly throughout. Playing about with the 18 man turbos again. Doubled my roll today which is a nice and obviously temporary boost. That's it poker wise.

Seeing as I'm bored most evenings and the Aikido here is really shit compared to the instructors in Durham, I managed to find a Krav Maga club which so far is really, really enjoyable. It's the system the Israeli special forces use and it's essentially a brutal form of Self-defence designed to incapacitate an opponent instantly. Judging by the justice system in the UK whereby the would be attacker/criminal is practically rewarded for breaking the law, there would be very few occasions where the truly nasty stuff would be used as I would like to avoid jail. Nevertheless Krav Maga (I've read) is more of a mindset in not fearing pain and keeping focused. My shins and forearms are just purple from this week, which has raised a few questions at school as some students think they've got a nutter assistant. Oh well, they might to some fucking work now!

I also think the Krav Maga guys, while very friendly, tend to go harder against me because they think I'm english. Come to think of it I'm not sure saying I'm Italian/Polish/Irish would fair much better. At least I'm not Maroccan. Ach cunts rivered a set. The instructor is late 30s, the military type who doesn't say much but devises some funny drills, my favourite so far being one person stands still with his eyes closed, while the partner pummels him until he says go, then the guy taking the punishment ferociously deals it back to the pad which the original guy runs and picks up. Though it is fair to say I purposely missed the pad a few times cos he slapped me in the fucking ear which killed.

Anyways, hope youre all good, hopefully dups tourn tomorrow! X

No comments: