Saturday 15 November 2008

A smaller win.

Seeing as most people were there yesterday railing, this s probably an irrelevant post, but what the hell.

Decided I fancied some MTT's yesterday on FT while my 2kg of lamb was having a 4 hour stint in the oven. I needed something to take my eye off the burning hunger :D Anyways it was a high stakes $2 buy in 6 max with just over 300 runners.

Started off pretty standard really, stacked some shortstacks about half way through to put me on around 2.5k, then had an uber hand when I managed to hit top set with 99 on a very drawy board, with the magical turn pairing the board giving me 9s full of 8s. Luckily with this he'd also hit trips and then 8's full on the river. Up to around 10k and over 70BB. Grinded it up to about 15 then lost a bit and then lost a bit more (fuck youuu Isaac! :p). Then I ran card dead till I shoved 66 from the cutoff into KK and A8 or something and hit a set, so lucky.

From then on it was up and up and all the draws I was playing agressively hit and got paid for thankfully. Eventually got to the final table about 4/6. Luckily two people immediately went out, one of whos chips went my way, and the other to the massive chip leader with just under half the chips in play. It was a fun FT the lead kept changing, I got bummed after losing a race with 88vs AQ and then 88 vs A6 but luckily managed to hold up with AK vs QJ to put me up their again. Eventually found my self heads-up with the huge stack with about a 2.5 to 1 lead. First and I limp shove AK from the SB and he makes the call with 44, wasn't happy about that till the ace came on the turn and a blank river put us pretty equal. Standard HU play ensued where I started to get the better of him until the final hand came where I check raised all in on a 6 high open ended straight flush draw and managed to hit against top two :D.

First was $147 (Paul enjoyed that one), fuck all for the amount of time and effort, but hey, I'm not complaining!

Fun cash game later on where I ended up about 12 or something for the first time in about ever. And I didn't give my stack to Paul for the first time in about ever either, I gave it to Isaac instead :D

Society game today, hope the cunt in 2nd goes out really early and I run deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

Laters X

No comments: