Wednesday 7 January 2009

2009.

Well I'm going to follow suit with this aims and goals malarkey. Before I do, a brief of sum up of '08

Life wise, not much changed. I stopped rowing and started fighting, and thus far it has been an excellent choice. No more rahs, lycra, obscenely early mornings with ice encrusted round the oars themselves, the boat, and you. And I'm still in good(ish) shape which I am happy about.

Still with megan, 3 and a half years now so it seems (touch wood) that it should be a very long term thing which is great.

Academically, 2nd year is a zillion times better than first year, even though stuff actually counts. I actually feel reasonably educated atm and have finally noticed the transition between school and uni. Woop. And of course no more fucking literature.

Financially, 1st year was terrible as Isaac will back up. Bradford education authority didn't give me the full maintenance grant and so I had to make up about 400 quid of my own money, which didn't exist. They probably had to use some of it to train bomb/drug/anti terrorist squads. STOP IT TONY. STOPPP.

Moving very very swiftly on, this year as been loads better. Despite earning 3k in an envelope factory, at the end of it all my bank balance was £0. Debts are a slag. Now though, I am semi comfortable, and this moves me on to poker.

Since I started 18 months ago I have made just over $2k. I have nothing to show for it as it all gets used to pay rent and the like. While this sum is a drop in the ocean compared to my friends at poker soc, it has nevertheless given be a bit of confidence in that thus far I am a winning player. I still need to stop tilting online and making stupid calls to prove me right.

One small example was yesterday- $5 MTT, I have A5 flop comes A45. Just me and another and this bloke in the BB. He bet I raised he min reraised. I shouted to myself " WHAT A CUNT WITH YOUR 23" I was so sure but I called (as usual) to bust. I need to stop doing that.

Right, AIMS!

1. Work harder at my degree ( I never th0ught I'd say that)
2. Win more poker and learn how to play online cash. In fact cash in general.
3. Win the UKSPC (lol!!)
4. Stay in shape
5. Try and finish my sentences in english instead of forgetting the word and then using another language.
6. Do not headbutt Tom's cactus when I get really angry.

Liebe to all. Tx

No comments: