Wednesday 17 December 2008

Updaaaaaaaaaaaaaate.

Well it's suuuuure nice to be home. Soon as I got back I had 4 salmons, a rump steak, box of jelly, 4 bananas, 4 banana yoghurts, and beef and pork kidney stew with some blasphemous vegetables and ciabatta. And some prosciutto. It was fit. I have also lost exactly a stone since being at uni, which I think is half muscle half fat to be honest, now being at a shocking 14st 10. My fatal error was not lugging up any weights to Durham.

Right then, because that last paragraph was so utterly boring, lets move on to poker, And this post will be a very long one, so bear with. It has been a mixed last month and a bit, mostly positive though which is nice to report, however some epic tilt sessions have spoiled both profit and graphs :D.

Right I'll get the bad stuff out the way. As I might have mentioned before (Poker soc already know!) I have been grinding the £5 sit n go's on Vill Hill, first grind went well with just under £100 profit, then withdrew due to rent. I did the same again at the time of my last post, which was going well at £95 (started at £5) until I met a fish who was minus 9k beat me twice. I went on mega tilt. The first two games I ran like AIDS, then I played bad in the third one. I then took a 10 min break, returned to find him in a 20quid hu sit n go. Yeeeeas I went in that and ran like AIDS again.

Now then, because I am obsessed with Chaos theory, I think when I'm running like God, and flop a monster or get KK or AA in the hole, bad things happen, and I play them passively (unless it's obviously the nuts!) while when I'm running biblically bad, I look forward to an upswing. So, because I was running so bad, I entered two 50 dollar all in blind first hand HUSGS.................aaaaaaand I got bummed in both. Hahaa what a salmon, I'm never doing that again. So I lost my entire bankroll!!! thankfully I salvaged about 30 of it back playing cash, a most unlikely source of income.

Right, next bad thing. Did that thing where you get $50 free roll off a smaller site such as CD poker, and once you get enough points they release another $100. All you have to do is pass a poker quiz, with questions such as " Which of these hands is strongest..." etc etc etc. The 50 dollars they are giving you is small change due to the rake theyll be taking. I had to get 12,000 points to get my bonus, with 7 points per 5 man sit n go. No thanks. Needless to say played crap and ran crap, donking off the 50 in MTTs and sit n go's.

Yaaaaaay I think I'm out of the bad stuff and onto the good stuff now. Firstly, DUPS champ for the first term!! Ran well and played well (ish), making a fair few final tables, and when I didn't go out early I've somehow managed about a 20 quid haul playing 1p 2p, FINALLY getting to play with hannes in a total haddock fest of min raising and 10 high all ins. Note that this profit was entirely won with the worst hand. All in all the society has given me about 170 quid in prize money which as helped a lot with the food bill (see first paragraph). Online has been going well, especially heads up, and for the first time ever I've cashed out up every time at the 5p/10p home game at pauls. All in all total profit for the first term has been about 350 quid which is nice seeing as I'm a small stakes player, and of course I am not exactly the best player around.

I severely doubt this will continue, but will try and get some scores in live poker back at Gala. Hope everyone has a good xmas. Many lovings from your resident fish. XXX

No comments: