Thursday 18 December 2008

Thursdays are a good day.

Managed to haddock my way to my second live win today, in a £10 2rebuys/addon getting £350 for my efforts which will no doubt help pay for megans present(s)! Once again I ran well but overall I think I played ok. Since I last went the tournament has vastly improved, starting stack 3k with 50/100 blinds for an hour.

Anyways started off shit as usual, entire table limping and me having no cards and chiselling away at my stack. I then got bored and miserable and shoved 74s from the bb after everyone limped for 100 giving me a nice pot. Shortly after I failed to bluff with 2 4 and bummed my stack a bit so rebought and added on after the break.

I then got my first hand of the night a bit later on, and with blinds at 150/300 I moved all in over a raise for about 6k with qq and it held against KJs. Happy times. Fast forward about 4 blind levels and having approximately fuck all, I moved in OTB with A3o for 6BBs (12k) to get called by jj and for me to hit a four card flush. *Hears background noises containing the words lucky bastard*

That put me up there nicely at about 25k, where things started to go better. The bloke who I lucked out on was on tilt, but he still had an obscene stack as did the bloke to my right, not the best seating plan in the world. Eventually it got down to the final table and I did a small dance, mainly because I needed a really bad pee. (The pee was good if anyone wondered)

Right where am I, yes there were 3 people shorter than me and we had another round of 1k/2k. Then it started to get a bit mental all of a sudden. The bloke I outdrew called his entire stack off from an UTG raise with K8s and hit a King sparking abuse from the unlucky lad who had AQ. A bit later I was in the BB with KQo, two limpers, so I decided they were weak and shoved all in for about 20k. Bearing in mind that this was almost half the tilty guys stack, he made a good call nevertheless and showed A9o. I hit a full house *I can here those noises again* and doubled up.
I have to say I did lay some very questionable hands down preflop such as AQ twice to a raise, and in position. I had one of those gut feelings and let them go. I actually think I only called a raise once on the final table and raised/folded the rest. Meh, who cares.

Shortly after there were a few humongous pots with the bigstacks which I couldn't complain about, and we found ourselves with 4 left. This took chuffing ages to decrease, as eventually the guy who died with AQ went out. 3 left woo.

I was then involved in a pot where a donk bet on the river prevailed. 3 left, all limp/check/complete. I am in the SB with 94s and flop a diamond draw on a J86 flop. I check, bb checks and button bets about half. I ponder a bit and pretend to raise but just call. turnx, check check, river x. I then donk 17k into a 30k pot, and he eventually mucks the 6 (he says) Twas a close one. 5 hands later with blinds at 4k/8k he raises 20 into my a8, I come over the top and he made a great great fold with A6, hats off. The other two then went all in for about a 110k pot, then there was only me and a nice Indian bloke.

Only two big pots here, one was where I flopped two pair K4, and he'd flopped two pair 24. *Regretfully the noises have ceased due to loss of voice* Amazingly it didn't go in as we both slowplayed ourselves out of valuetown. We were pretty even at this point with me being a touch ahead, when he limps in with A5s and I shove with 33 (blinds were 5k/10k). He makes the call, flop A1010, turn 3, river.......VICTORY!!!

Twas a good night, and shows I'm not a one trick pony, just a very very large fish who got lucky twice!!!!! :D XXXXXXX

No comments: