Sunday 7 September 2008

A year on.

This time last year I had just deposited my first 2 quid on willhill, coming off the end of a frankly glorious play money stint on FT which involved all ins on A3o UTG, all in blind omaha (SO much fun), and begging my friends who were in the millions for more chips to throw around.

A year later, I THINK I am a winning player (More so at sng's, less so, or perhaps break even at micro stakes cash, and CERTAINLY a big loser at the Aidans cash game :D). Granted I have limited quantitative evidence apart from good old Sharkscope, I do believe I am in reasonably healthy profit with respect to the stakes I play. This is something which I am no doubt chuffed with, but as always there are tons of more things to learn, especially going into the more complicated maths.

I find myself now grinding the $3 sit n gos again. Months ago when I was doing reasonably well hovering round a 25% ROI, it took me a lot of concentration, meticulously looking at who I'm playing against and perhaps even thinking too hard about it.

Today is different. After playing like a complete prick at the $6 version in not the last grind, but the one before that, profits took a tumble and I was still out of my depth, often being in no mans land after a c-bet was called and just giving up post flop. As I say, today I have mentally moved on. I am not scared to raise on shit, to float, to adapt a little and these $3 18 men seem much simpler, with decisions being made with much more confidence and conviction. Think of it as half a Paul Williams playing half the stakes...I'll settle for that :D. On a side note though, how fucking small would half a Paul Williams be!?

Clearly though this hasn't been all my doing, it is Allah's will. (haha I'm joking) The usual suspects like Isaac and Gambon have helped me immensely and I must thank them for it. Neways, enough slurping; Bring on next year!

No comments: