Thursday 4 September 2008

Feeling better.

I am walking again semi-normally which is lovely because as we all know I turn into a complete whiner when I'm immobile, (I pretend to be an athlete). However, it has to be said athletes don't spend 8 hours a day on C&C generals: Zero hour.

I haven't been up to much all week apart from that, fun fun. The only other thing worth mentioning is that when my computer overheats due to too much gaming, I've been watching a shitload of poker vids and hands, thought I'd might as well learn some new stuff as well as refresh the memory. In Sit n gos I'm learning not to limp (obviously there are certain situations where a limp will do just fine) but raising or folding seems generally speaking a better way of playing and makes decision making much easier.

I've been watching in particular the EPT final tables and I think the commentary is very useful indeed. So after a little donk session the other day with Isaac et al I ended about $20 up or something, and then decided to put into practice what I saw. Long story short I entered a $16turbo sit n go for shits (I wanted to face [much] better players than myself but at the same time still give mesen some sort of hope), and managed to take it down, without running like Usain Bolt. I can obviously make pretty much no conclusions out of one sit n go but it certainly helped not limping and wasting chips folding to re-raises. I certainly felt more comfortable than I thought I would.

And then just now I've gone back to donking a couple of 3 dol sit n gos and a satellite to the sunday 200k, and went out on the bubble on all 3. Back on form :D.

Not much else to report apart from that I am so happy with the CL draw. Real and Zenit, here we come. I would give respect to that belarussian side, but they share a border with russia; so as my polish genes dictate, no respect at all must be given :) Hope everyone runs well or continues to do so *coughKEYScough*

No comments: