Monday 9 June 2008

Oh well. Time for a break.

Over the last few weeks I've been learning not to moan, to swear at (still working on that one), or generally be disgusted with an outdraw because after all, few hands completely and utterly dominate another particular hand, and as we all know any two cards can win; and in the wise words of Matt Gamble, thats why we have fish :)

Today is a different matter however. Absolutely everyone goes on downswings, some ridiculous, some reasonable, and in my opinion the sooner we learn that the less angry we are and therefore we can play to the best of our ability. Isaac for example, has just the best temperament I've ever seen, and I want to emulate that. Anyways..to the point. Having genuinely deserved to be down 10BI in the Aidans cash game through alcohol/56 suited looking nice, I've won back around 4 BI in a couple of days....until now!

I'm back to where I started. This post isn't particularly an angry one, more a confused one. Tonight, as always, there have been outdraws...(the standard ones...blah blah blah,) I happened to be the unfortunate man to be on the end of such thorough bummings. I don't know why today in particular, but it has clearly affected my attitude to how I play, and how I should play. So in the same way as Ptevey (but less financially epic and important) I think I'm going to take a break from live poker at least until I can sort myself out and try and nail my shit points, of which there are many. What is so confusing though is that I've improved tenfold since 3 months ago, and I seem to be losing in cash (fair enough) and only breaking even online (Boooo).

Ahh, feels good to get that off my chest. (Note that I'm probably still pissed off from the Italy game today......wtf)

In other news, I'm definitely moving up to the $6.50 turbos, and so far it's been going ok, mainly because it's a new challenge and people tend to be a similiar standard to the $3 ones, but just a bit richer (not through poker I might add). My bankroll currently stands at around $410, but I'm not really hammering it at the mo, instead waiting for the hols where I'll have earnt about 3k by the end of it and can put in the hours to clear the bonuses. I feel that this will make me more confortable knowing I've got an income, and also judging by the low stakes mules (yeah donk sounds too american for my liking :D) on places like FT and the legendary Will Hill.

Lets hope I can play well for the Poker Festival coming up.....gotta sort out a shedload of posters now I've got Publicity bloke (can't remember the proper term) to raise awareness. All in all, it should be a great couple of days.

Ah and one more thing, some of you might be aware of a player called 'tuff_fish'. He's basically an asthmatic sounding american high stakes cash player who makes video blogs and puts them online. All I'll say is that the clue is in his name. Log on to youtube and search him and you'll see he's one of the most foul mouthed players ever (and some of the plays he makes are just awful) but nevertheless he's become a bit of a hero because he's just so funny. Anyways the other day I was playing a $3 tournament on Stars and he's sitting to my right. We talked a bit and he sounded like he was the genuine person and not an imposter. After a few doubts from Isaac I sharkscoped him and his stats are as follows


Games Played: 181
Av.Profit: -$5
Av.Stake: $16
Av ROI: -32%
Total Profit: -$882 (it was even worse than that about a week ago)


And while we're at it I might aswell give you mine...

Games Played: 353
Av.Profit: $1
Av.Stake: $3
Av ROI: 27%
Total Profit: $416

In further news...Matt Gamble is sunburnt to fuck, and it's really funny! What a ledge.

No comments: