Friday 20 June 2008

Life is good.

Well, where do I start. Passed my exams (amazingly). That's the first thing. In certain modules I didn't turn up to a single seminar in the last two terms because I thought they were shit, boring, and unnecessary, and thus far I've never set foot in Durham University Lbrary which is an achievement only a fresher (or a super brainy/lazy non-fresher) could achieve! I averaged just short of a 2:1 which is what I expected to be honest, though I know next year will be a lot better.

Next thing, football! Italy beat France and that smelly french cuntrag Raymond Domenech got what he deserved after mouthing off about how we've apparently cheated since the final of the WC. Spain in the next round will be interesting though, seeing as Gattuso + Pirlo are out, though De rossi and Aquilani should start if Donadoni has any sense! Woo happy days.

Next is poker. 25NL is going good, up about $100 in total, taking my roll finally past the 500s after a month or 2 of utter crap. It's interesting how I've taken to it seeing as it's 9 max and I'm normally a 6 max player. I am really happy with it though, as I was getting a bit pissed off seeing as I got from $40 to $400 in just over a month playing 5NL and $3 Sit n goes, and then having a break even few months having moved up. If I get past $600 before I start work then I'll keep withdrawing so I'll have just enough for the FT bonus...and then the proper poker will start.

The festival was great, so much fun. On the first table I had a min raiser to my right, so I just kept reraising :) swiftly developping a crazy image. There was one particalar hand where I smooth called to the river on a flop of all spades, turn X river X, when I put in a big raise to Magic's bet, and thankfully he folded top pair after saying "you must have flopped the flush." I showed AQ, no spade.

Next me and Hannes had a series of hilarious bluffing pots and we were just having a fucking ace time, cracking jokes etc, gotta love the big german. This soon led to an all in after I reraised 3x his button bet from the SB (blinds 150/300) with JJ and him coming over the top. This put me in a difficult position but I decided I couldn't fold and thankfully I was well ahead when he showed AJ. This put me somewhere around 2nd in chips overall to a bloke who doubled up from Tom lassey, who arsed himself epicly early on. (legendary)

Eventually I got to the final table but went out on the bubble after being pretty card dead. With blinds of 800/1600 I pushed A2o from the SB into Matt Gambles QQ which held up. The fish then went on to win the whole thing :)

There was a cash game afterwards which was again hilarious, I was a bout a fiver up after playing pretty well, and then an all in with Pauls KK sent me packing even though I actually put him on the Hand when he started talking. Hell, I was still too happy about Italy! So yeah, a great day with a great set of blokes, ending in the usual fashion of me giving my money to Paul.

Hope everyone has a great holiday, and hope the poker goes well.

Man love xxxxx

1 comment:

147_star said...

To be fair I made it easier for you to fold when I re-raised. After all, I could have min-raised and waited for you to push with any two!! You are getting there though mate, I have no doubt!