Thursday 27 March 2008

Sit n gos FTW (apparently)

Been playing some more of those sit n gos....cashed in 3/4 today so far......but I never seem to win any! I know my heads up play is borderline depressing, but I feel it's just about adequate for these sit n gos. I'm by no means complaining at what I've achieved so far in these 18 man turbos, but I'm thinking about changing my strategy a touch...

At the moment I'm basically going on image when the cards don't come which is pretty normal I suppose. I'm playing super-uber-tight folding hands like AJ KJ QJs in early position at low blind levels to wait for the gamblers to shove (as I want to be confindent my chips are in ahead) which is sort of vaguely abiding by that Sit n go book I got off Matt Gamble. It tends to mean I'm just taking small pots only now and again, as I want to conserve the old image. And I can't be arsed playing small ball a) because it's a turbo and I find myself in shit a lot quicker being unable to push people off hands when I start pissing the chips away...and b) I'm not good enough to outplay every player at the table.

So as it progresses im usually on about 1.7-2.5k going on to the final table and it usually stays like that on about 10BB getting gradually less as I enter the money. Unfortunately, my sudden change to super aggressive play spikes (correct) calls from the huge stack anyway with hands like 109, 87 etc when he's got such good odds. This renders blind stealing about as useful as, well...fuck all. Play around the bubble is probably too passive though so I'll need to improve on that a lot! Any help appreciated.....

Tony x

No comments: