Tuesday 25 March 2008

A kick in the nads.

Soon after that tournament moving up to 5/10 seemed a good idea, as I now actually had a bankroll to support the variance (and to a degree my incompetence at times). Little did I realise that I would run insanely awful from the word go, flush over flush, straight over straight...blah blah blah.... and the variance turned into more of an avalanche, dropping 7 buyins- a pretty monstrous downswing. I wasn't particularly on tilt and I carried on playing the poker I had been doing, but at the end of the session I looked back over my hand history and realised I'd been playing scared- much like in the New Inn games. My confindence had taken a beating, which in turn meant I had no faith in any of my hands- however strong. I therefore missed out on so many value bets and found myself unable to extract any value whatsoever . (e.g.checking the river with hands like top two on a board with no flush or straight possibilities.) Thats when I knew something was wrong! Once I get some buyins back I'll have another crack at it and hopefully post some hands up.

So I thought sod it, lets concentrate on sit n gos, which is surprising as before two days ago I'd have rather played cash a million times over. Thus far, it has been a good choice! I've started killing the 3.40 18 man turbos, with the odd suckout here and there, but I've made 4 buy ins back in a few days, and I'm back on the 320 mark. I cashed in 6/9 yesterday (one was a $6 turbo I had a look at) ...and as I speak ive cashed in 3/3 today, with my money going in behind on no more than two occasions, which I feel is good. Having said this chances are it'll all fall apart again, but touch wood....I've found a nice little earner. For the first time I find myself looking at sharkscope regularly and not seeing a red -$40 dollars for Total profit, which is always nice.

Just for reference:
Av.profit $3
Av. stake $2
Av.ROI 47%
Total profit $232
Form: Shit hot......haha no im joking.

Hope y'all runnin good.

Tony x

No comments: