Monday 24 March 2008

Background!

Hey all, my name is Antony Paul (or just Tony), and I've decided to start a poker blog so I can share my thoughts, hands and happenings to all who are interested. I'm studying French and Italian at Durham university while rowing and probably playing too much poker. I'll warn you now, there's nothing particularly fascinating poker-wise, but instead of just discussing stuff with isaac or matt gamble, I'd rather broaden the range!

I've only been playing poker for about a year and a half, but it's become something very prominent since coming to university. I started off playing for play money with some friends on full tilt which was a lot of fun (reloading every five minutes and then finding a table and pushing with K9o thinking it's a great hand.) Eventually I learned the hands, the rules and the basic terminology to start playing more frequently with a certain degree of confidence. At that time I never really understood how huge the poker scene was until I hit good old youtube and started searching and watching a few hands.

Up until then I'd never played for money so I deposited £2 (yes you did read that correctly)on Will Hill recommended by my best mate who is a very good sit n go player. I had a go at a few one-tablers, miraculously won my first one after having played epicly bad poker and preceded to lose the rest playing similiar poker for the others.

Because I really enjoyed playing, I decided to swot-up to a degree and last summer I put in another huge amount (a fiver) on Poker UTD (some room where pissed football supporters go and give you their money) and started playing 6 man $1 sit n gos which was an absolute goldmine, ended up cashing just under £50 (pounds) before the end of the holiday- which was pretty good for a still-awful player. And then came university.........

Comments welcome...that goes for the rest of my posts to come..

Tony x

No comments: