Thursday 17 July 2008

bleurgh...

Not a very informative title to be honest, but can't find a summing up word or phrase!

Got paid today. I am now out of obscene debt and into just debt. Seeing as I haven't been online these past few days, you would be correct in assuming the tournament didn't go well. It was easily my fault though so no excuses.

Basically I played loose early on to try and get a feel of the table, pissed away a BI very (too) quickly, resulting in an absolutely tragic image. I therefore rebought, and then got unlucky when my AKo was outdrawn by AJ with runner runner straight after the money went in on the turn. Serves me right for playing absolute village poker before. I had about 400 chips left, and folded every hand until the add-on period.

After the break I picked up AA and I creamed myself and was suddenly thankful for my image, but alas a raise sparked nothing but blinds. Picked up a few hands, and then one big one where I checked a flush draw to the river as I didn't fancy getting raised on the turn and practically giving away the fact I had a draw. Luckily someone rivered a straight and put me all in, getting me to about 10k. Blinds eventually came to 500/1000, and raised UTG to 3k with 1010. (was on about 13k), flop came J K A all d. LOL. had no diamond. After the next round, I had AJs in the SB, a shortstack pushed from UTG and I called and ran in to QQ. Fair enough. And that was that.

In other news, my friend kylan (great sit n go player) is basically giving me his pacific poker account to work off the bonus and hes staking me (I didn't ask this time! :D) so I might be getting back into it before long. It all depends on how knackered I am from work. By the way, pacific is UNBELEIVABLE. I saw kylan play his $30 sit n gos with relative ease, with some me-and-jv-style-idiocy rife from around the table. Isaac, If you want some crazy ass play and a lot of money....I think I could recommend that. Theres also a $400 sign up bonus with 25% deposited instantly (i.e. $100) If you have money to throw around, why not take a look.

From a health point of view, I 've finally hit the 16st mark which was a goal I set myself at the start of the hols (red meat and weights for the win) so at least some things are going well!

Much liebe to all.

1 comment:

147_star said...

I've got a sick read on you now...whenever he creams himself, he has AA. I'll write that one down!